Cascadia 4X4 VSS System 90 Watt Hood Solar Panel For Tundra (2000-2006 & 2014-2021)
Introducing the Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ for the Toyota Tundra (2000-2006 & 2014-2021), the world's first vehicle specific hood-mounted solar panel system.
The Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ hard-mounts to the hood of your Toyota Tundra and, during daylight hours, provides a constant flow of clean solar energy to your primary or secondary vehicle batteries. This gives you the ability to run 12V accessories like fridges, phone/laptop chargers, lights, power inverters, etc. without the need to start your engine and without the fear of draining your battery and leaving you stranded. The VSS System™ is completely plug-and-play if paired with our optional MPPT solar charge controller and can be installed in as little as 1.5 hours.
We chose the most stable and durable multilayered semi-flexible solar panel construction available to ensure that these solar panels can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free, for years.
- 90W of clean solar energy to keep your Tundra battery topped up when the engine isn't running.
- Rugged “Marine-Grade” construction to withstand extreme environmental conditions.
- Perfect for overlanding, camping, and the jobsite. Keep your drinks cold and equipment charged without killing your battery.
- Solar Made Simple: The optional “Plug-and-Play” complete kit includes everything you need for a clean and simple install.
- 2-year warranty
- Keep your Tundra battery topped up at all times: Perfect for the overlander or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery. Perfect on the job site for work lights and charging cordless tools.
- Extend the life of your battery: The Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
- Emergency engine starting device: If you ever manage to completely drain your battery the VSS System™ will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure.
- Anti-glare device: Due to its light-absorbing properties the solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the hood of the vehicle.
HOW DOES IT MOUNT?
Each panel comes with a full perimeter of pre-installed high-temperature 3M VHB tape. We spend time sanding, cleaning, and prepping each panel to make sure that the tape has a solid bond to the panel. This tape then mounts safely to your hood without damaging the paint.
We highly recommend that the Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ is paired with our vehicle-specific vinyl base sheet which sits under the solar panel. The vinyl mounts onto the hood of your vehicle in the same way that traditional hood vinyl or automotive vinyl stickers are applied. The vinyl acts as a moisture and debris barrier to protect the underlying paint.
Note: The VSS System™ takes 1.5 hrs to install and must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F).